About me

I am one of those quirky Bulleteers who spend more money on their thumpers than on their wives. Being a bachelor does make the job a lot easier. However I have never being shy of trying out new things on my royal ride. Since the time I got my own bullet, I have steadily experimented with mods.

Mind you these are not mods that aim to change the look of Bullet and make it a “HARDLY Davidson”. No thank you. I very much love the old style charm of Royal Enfield. These are mods that aim to get the best out of your Enfield so that you can break a leg with your ride without literally breaking your leg starting it.

So in the interest of the “Bullet brotherhood”, I am sharing my list of mods that have actually made my Bullet experience better. Please do feel free to post in the comments section any products that you feel deserve mentioning in my list.

Also read my review on Bullet mechanics in Delhi NCR and Must have Royal Enfield Bullet accessories



Monday, November 23, 2015

Red rooster performance exhaust review

for UCE 500
Red rooster performance exhaust back

This is one of the costliest exhaust available in the market for your bullet, surpassed only by Khalidaro. Khalidaro exhausts though have a distinctive modern look which is something I would rather avoid on a classic machine. So the big question is whether RRP is worth its cost. And the short answer is
yes. It is amazingly good to look at. Made from a single piece of stainless steel this jointless designed exhaust is one of a kind. Once you hold it in your hands you can immediately feel the weight, the finish and the high quality work that has gone into it. The sound is god awesome. Again it is not very booming like a wildboar but just the right mix between the boom and the rat–a-tat of an automatic gun. It is a stock replacement that does not need any carburetor tuning. When I installed it along with BMC air filter (which completes the free flow exhaust system) and rode it, I almost felt as if I had left the “choke on” in my bullet. The bull just raced forward even at the slightest throttling.
After installation I have been asked so many times where I got this silencer that I feel I should keep the visiting card of RRP printed for distribution.

See the video to listen to the Red rooster performance exhaust sound


For UCE 500
Red rooster performance exhaust front

Pros or advantages of Red rooster performance exhaust

Good all round sound, much improved pickup, very less vibration, stock replacement does not need any tuning, does not rust, amazingly good looks and feel.

Cons or disadvantages of Red rooster performance exhaust

Does not retain the chrome look, changes to slightly golden color. Backfires sometimes. Very pricey (though the price also is a positive thing as your exhaust won’t be so commonplace, however I still feel at this price point features like ceramic coating should have been provided)

Further improvements required in Red rooster performance exhaust

The pointed ending of the exhaust though looks good, can dangerously poke people in the leg while backing. In case it can be rounded off the exhaust will be safer and more classic looking. For exhaust discoloration due to heat the manufacturer can go for internal ceramic coating. Eastwood products are quite good for these very problems.

Usage tips for Red rooster performance exhaust

Understand that is is a performance exhaust. So in case you want a loud sounding exhaust this one is not for you. That being said this exhaust has a very mature and refined sound. When installing this exhaust you'll need to block the catalytic converter air pipe.


Open the nut in focus in the picture above. Use a metal ball to block the passage. This should resolve the excessive backfiring that happens after changing to a free flow exhaust.

Where to buy Red rooster performance exhaust

Can be bought online. In case you live in NCR I would recommend you to buy it from Chawla auto spares, Karol Bagh as you will get it Rs. 1000 – 1500 /- cheaper

Price (approx) of Red rooster performance exhaust

Rs. 8500 - 9000/-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Reader,

I encourage you to post your views in the comment section. However kindly keep in mind that everyone has their own views and no one must force one's view on another. With this in mind request you to keep your discussions courteous and respectful. Kindly avoid Inflammatory or insulting messages.

Wish you all fruitful exchange of ideas.